Executive Consultant – Lean Supply Chain Consulting
Leading Global Supply Chain Consulting Firm
Atlanta Metro HQ – No Relocation Required
In a nutshell, here are the things to know about this position:
- This is a sales/business development role above all else. The Executive Consultant will acquire and help manage and complete large-scale lean supply chain consulting projects.
- The Executive Consultant will have a deep and extensive network of CEO and senior VP level contacts and relationships globally, and the ability to tap into that network immediately on the firm’s behalf.
- The Executive Consultant will bring extensive (we expect 10+ years) of selling/business development experience in the consulting environment to the table.
- This is a full-time, permanent (not 1099 contract, etc.) role with major executive responsibility for the growth and profitability of the firm.
LeanCor Supply Chain Group is a trusted supply chain partner that specializes in lean principles to deliver operational improvement. LeanCor’s three integrated divisions – LeanCor Training and Education, LeanCor Consulting, and LeanCor Logistics – help organizations improve performance, eliminate waste, drive down costs, and build a culture of operational excellence. As an industry thought leader in lean supply chain management, we are providing our customers with real, measured, and sustained business results to advance in their end to end supply chain maturity and performance. Join our winning team of innovative thinkers, entrepreneurs, and problem solvers on the cutting edge of supply chain leadership.
Executive Consultant – Position Purpose
The core purpose of this role is to enable LeanCor Consulting to successfully acquire, manage and complete large scale supply chain consulting engagements. The core responsibilities of this position are business development, project oversight and long term customer relationship management. In addition, this experienced executive consultant will provide coaching and leadership to rising professionals within LeanCor Consulting.
Success in this position will be measured by reaching sales and profitability targets, establishing long term meaningful customer relationships, successful execution of projects providing real measured results to customers, and adding to the overall skill and capability of the LeanCor team. This position will report to the VP of Consulting with a dotted line directly to the CEO of LeanCor.
The Executive Consultant will have significant previous experience in selling, winning, executing and maintaining large supply chain consulting engagements. The successful candidate will possess a network of potential clients and be proven in their ability to develop business and relationships at the C-Level of an organization. This position requires a person who understands the strategic elements of developing customer solutions for sustained supply chain performance improvement.
- Profitably grow and retain volume, sales, and profitability through proactive management of large-customer relationships
- Independently generate new sales revenues by developing relationships with C-level executives
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues through strong consultative and solution selling; turn these into long-term, stable consulting engagements
- Create sales strategies by gathering market information, competitor information, analyzing opportunities and supporting a coordinated and formalized sales pipeline methodology within the consulting industry
- Generate sales leads through existing network, cold-calling prospects, and building relationships
- Establish relationships with strategic customers with decision-making authority and / or influence
- Proactively manage customers’ satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction; oversee execution of consulting projects
- Support external marketing initiatives, generating optimal level of sales leads (conferences, etc.)
- Lead responses to client and prospect via RFIs and RFQs
- Strategically build relationships and generate business contacts for LeanCor through involvement in professional organizations (CSCMP, APICS, AME, WERC, etc.)
- Oral & Written Communication
- Building Relationships
- Solution/Consultative Selling
- Presentation Skills
- Account Management
Position Requirements & Qualifications
- BS/BA, preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Communications or related field
- Exceptionally high in energy, with a highly-developed competitive drive to succeed
- Exceptionally skilled in driving the complete sales lead development to relationship cycle, with a demonstrated track record of building profitable customers for the long term
- Successful track record of closing large customer sales engagements and achieving sales goals
- Exceptional skills in relationship building, oral and written communication and effective negotiation as well as an engaging consultative sales approach including professional presentations
- Demonstrated ability in consultative and strategic selling techniques, including previous experience in articulating / presenting multiple products and services to C-level executives both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge/experience in some combination of supply chain management, operations, logistics/distribution, transportation management and Lean/Operational Excellence
- Willingness to travel as necessary
For more information, or to express your personal interest, please contact: