Manager, Continuous Improvement – Operational Excellence – TPS Lean
STERIS Corporation – Lean Medical Products & Devices – Mentor, Ohio
The Lean Continuous Improvement Manager (CI Manager) is responsible for driving continuous improvement at a single operations site in Mentor, OH, utilizing the STERIS Business System (Toyota Production System-based Lean). The CI Manager will partner with site leader and team members, delivering practical hands-on Lean implementation to successfully transform and sustain manufacturing operations and supporting functional areas.
STERIS is a leading global Lean Healthcare powerhouse – serving thousands of customers in over 60 countries – and a major manufacturer and provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services. Join STERIS in its vision to see the world free from infection and contamination as Manager, Continuous Improvement.
What You Will Do in this Role
- Implement the STERIS Lean Business System in alignment with strategic initiatives and objectives.
- Lead and drive Lean initiatives to create and sustain a world-class visual manufacturing operations site for instantaneous recognition of waste in all areas.
- Facilitate/conduct Lean training programs, Kaizen events, and other Lean initiative activities. Assess, coach, and provide constructive feedback to teams to strengthen Lean competencies at the site.
- Serve as change facilitator, develop and collaborate with site Lean champions, and influence site leadership in the transformation to, and in support of, a continuous improvement culture.
- Monitor existing and new manufacturing processes for improvement opportunities in safety, quality, delivery and cost, through Lean problem solving methodology.
- Track, measure and report progress on improvements using standard established KPIs.
What You Bring to the Table
- Extensive Lean training (Shingijutsu/TBM, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Danaher Business System or similar). SKB/BPK/MDI training/experience, desirable.
- 7 to 10+ years of demonstrated plant level Lean manufacturing leadership experience.
- Superior and demonstrated leadership, team building, presentation, interpersonal, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively (influence) in a culturally diverse, fast paced and changing environment with multiple priorities – and to achieve results.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to, integrate safety metrics with Lean manufacturing and practices.
Why You Want this Position
Our client has built a strong professional team that has fun learning and growing together. You’ll find a collegial, supportive environment that provides ample opportunity for professional growth and development both within the Lean organization as well as throughout the operations and other functional areas of the business.
For the dedicated Lean practitioner, the company offers a wide variety of opportunities to apply and hone Lean skills in a challenging and rewarding work environment. Processes vary from high mix/low volume and low mix/high volume discrete production (Takt times varying from a few seconds to a few days), to traditional continuous flow chemical processing operations.
Our client continues to grow rapidly through acquisition and organic expansion, operating in a market that is growing consistently with good margin opportunities. Lean initiatives are paying dividends and efforts are underway to build the infrastructure of a comprehensive company-wide Lean Business System.
This is an organization of teachers, coaches and mentors. The Lean organization is comprised of a small group of Lean zealots who are leading through hands-on participation, utilizing Lean principles to change culture and improve processes. The company strategy is to utilize a small core team of Lean professionals to teach, train and coach across the enterprise to embed Lean practices in all aspects of the business, while emphasizing local ownership and accountability.
Please contact Adam Zak Executive Search for additional information.